Rose’s swab has come back positive for Influenza A.
Andrew thinks she’s not too bad and the doctors seem to be saying she’s through the worst. I guess we just have to wait and see.
The isolation room is being used at the moment for another baby so unfortunately this means Rose needs to be moved to CICU isolation (Children’s Hospital) for the safety of the other bubs in NICU. Means just when she needs them most she loses her familiar environment and the nurses who know her. I’m pretty distressed about this but hopefully Andrew will be able to be with her until I can be there again. I know it’s silly but feels a little like being punished.
She’s back on high flow, her chest X-ray looks normal as do her blood gases. Today and tomorrow should be her worst days and her dr doesn’t think any serious complications should come out of this.. they’ve given her Tami-flu tonight after doing a bit of research they think this will shorten her recovery time.
Update: there was no room at Children’s so Rose is staying in the only home she’s ever known for now (I know I know but I’m quite emotional about it – it’s the nurses you see… they are just as important to her as I am at this stage in her life and they are pretty important to me too).
Sorry to resend this post but my app has some sort of bug I think (appropriate).