.. mastitis visited me today. I took to my bed with a horrible headache etc. Lou and Andrew came to the rescue with pain relief, medicine and a bit of dinner and my head recovered enough to go back to the hospital.
When we arrived a nurse asked me if the doctor had managed to contact me about Rose. Never a good sign! The lodge where I’m staying is in a black telecommunications hole so I didn’t receive the doctor’s messages but basically Rose became very distressed and stopped breathing around 5pm today. She had been sat up in a baby chair and I think that position is not great for her… of course all I can think is that if I’d been there it wouldn’t have happened!
They did CPR for 10 minutes and established an airway, she then vomited her tummy contents. They put her back in Level 3 on high-flow but she was working too hard to breathe so she’s back on C-PAP and fluids through a drip. They did an xray to check she hadn’t aspirated into her lungs when she vomited. She doesn’t appear to have thank goodness.
I’ve just had a cuddle – she’s pretty grumpy and hungry and uncomfortable but safe and in expert Level 3 hands.
I called NICU this morning – she had a pretty good night and is coping well on C-PAP. Her nurse thought she’d probably have C-PAP removed later today and be moved back to Level 2 but that we’d wait for rounds. We’ll need to investigate options for keeping her safe on Level 2.. and in the real world eventually of course.