Level 2

Ten metres or so will make a big difference to Rose’s everyday today. She’s moving to the next room, Level 2, as she no longer needs the specialist nursing care provided or ventilation available on Level 3. Oh how we will miss all her NICU mums!! And how I’ll miss the 4 or 5 hours of unbroken sleep I’ve been managing each night. Level 2 is bright, noisy and busy! The ratio of nurses to babies is greater than the 1:1 – 1:3 on Level 3 and they are more hands off.

I’m a bit scared about moving but don’t worry I am fully aware of the momentous occasion this is and just how far we have come. Rose will miss her gorgeous room mate not to mention me missing his NICU savvy mum who ensured I knew which spot to ask for on Level 2, but you can’t go straight home from Level 3 so we will celebrate the progression!

Still don’t know how long we will be here as it’s dependent on Rose staying well, her teratoma not growing and/or becoming malignant, her breathing and her feeding.

Establishing proper breast feeding will make it much less possible to leave her at night so I suspect this is where the wheels fall off family life. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here.

Photo of new possy [?] below. Probably looks similar to the old place but thought I’d include it for the record.

20130603-174803.jpg

About RoseEir

Premmie born @ 30 weeks with Cervical Teratoma
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Level 2

1. Ann Morgan says:

Very exciting! Feels like you are on the home stretch now.

2. Cathy says:

Great to read such encouraging and positive news.

3. ursula garratt says:

Fingers and everything else crossed Jane. Fond wishes to you all. Love. Ursula

4. Ness says:

That’s such wonderful news Jane! Everything is moving in the right direction. We are so happy for you all. Big big hugs to you all.

5. Rosie says:

Wonderful news, all heading in the right direction, love Rosie

6. Lucille Lum says:

Great news Jane – this is another step on the way home!
    We are in Tokyo with Becky who sends her love to you all.
    We go again tomorrow on a cruise so will not have email access again for 10 days.
    Will continue to pray – especially when I can’t get your updates – you are wonderful keeping in touch when you are so busy
    Love
    Lucy, Trev and Becky

7. Vera says:

Oh I remember these days so clearly, you write beautifully. Rose is gorgeous and you are doing so well. All the very best!!