Rose choked on her trans-pyloric feeding tube again this morning. It was coiled at the back of her throat. She stopped breathing but they bagged her and got it out pretty quickly.
Upside – I got to BF her without her tube. Much more comfortable for her I expect.
I am waiting for rounds but I suspect this strengthens the case for a gastrostomy tube (directly into her stomach). This won’t address her acute reflux but another procedure could. Sounds unpleasant and anti BF but we are definitely headed towards lots more procedures. LBO will probably happen on Tuesday and the rest will be decided from there.
She’s due for her next immunisations. Emily (her nurse today) and I decided she’s had enough action for today so deferred until tomorrow.
Lou, she’s wearing your wrap! Looking forward to your homecoming! X