I’ve just been told I can try to breast feed Rose. Have to express first so there’s no huge milk volume for her to deal with and speech pathologist needs to be here (so wont be until tomorrow). She will still be on high flow and continuous feeds so the cards are stacked against it being successful but it’s a start! I’m so glad I get to try before the LBO as I’m concerned if there’s a lot of damage to her trachea they may not let me try or she may need a tracheostomy. At least this way we have a chance.
Main reason for drs decision appears to be that she’s term now and it’s important she learns to suck.
Andrew’s birthday today. When we worked out Rose’s due date, a lifetime ago, I was concerned they’d have the same birthday!!